Kathy Sarin, MA, Ed.S, LMHC-A – certificated School Psychologist, Counselor, and Administrator, and licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate
Kathy Sarin earned her BA in Developmental Psychology at Central Washington University. For 10 years she worked for a community mental health agency, with a focus on adolescents involved with the juvenile justice system.
She earned her Educational Specialist degree in School Psychology and a Master’s degree in School Counseling at Seattle University. Since 1998, she has been working in schools in various capacities, including:
- School Counselor
- School Psychologist
- Behavior Specialist
- District Lead Psychologist
- District Special Education Evaluation Compliance Lead
- District 504 Coordinator
- Bullying Response Compliance Lead
Kathy is particularly interested in working collaboratively to get parents the information they need to help their children succeed.
Other professional activities:
- June 2017 – Co-facilitator: social emotional learning curriculum adoption committee for Edmonds School District culminating in recommendations to the school board.
- May 2017 – Guest Lecturer: Northwest University – Behavior Consultation in the Schools
- March 2015 – Guest lecturer: Northwest University – School Assessment.
- October 2014 – Panelist: WAFEAST Annual Conference “504/ADA: School Food Allergy Management.”
- February 2010 – Guest Lecturer: University of Washington, Tacoma – Collaboration with parents and other professionals, issues and challenges
- July 2009 – Guest Lecturer: University of Washington, Tacoma – Understanding and interpretation of standard scores.
- February 2008 – Panel Member: Seattle University – Perspectives on current issues in School Psychology.
- Sarin, K (February 2015). Adapt individual health plan process to meet Section 504 requirements. LRP, Special Ed Connection.
- Feuerborn, L., Sarin, K., & Tyre, A. (April 2011). RTI in secondary schools: Implications for professional development. Principal Leadership, 50-54.
Education & Certifications
State of Washington
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor – A (# MC 60872247)-2018
Western Governors University
- Endorsement – Educational Leadership (School Principal Certification)-2016
Seattle University — Seattle, WA
- Educational Specialist (Ed.S), School Psychologist-1998
- Master of Arts (MA), School Counselor-1998
Central Washington Comprehensive Mental Health — Ellensburg, WA
- Child Mental Health Specialist-1991
Central Washington University — Ellensburg, WA
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Developmental Psychology (cum laude), 1989