Events/Trainings – 2018
- March 26, 2018 | 6:30 – 9:30 pm
Everett School District Special Education PTSA
Understanding your child’s evaluation, and the impact of executive functioning deficits on school performance.
- May 3, 2018 | 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Ryther Aspiring Youth Speaker Series, Seattle WA
Helping your kiddo with homework, arrgh! Strategies, ideas, and venting.
- May 21, 2018 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Northwest College, Kirkland WA
Guest Speaker: A behavior case study: The impact of specific mental health issues on school functioning.
- August 20, 2018 | Full Day training
Eastmont School District, Wenatchee WA
Executive Functioning in the classroom. How to teach, scaffold and support students with ADHD and high functioning autism in the classroom
- September 24, 2018 | 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Bothell Public Library – a free offering!
Gifted and unique: Navigating the adolescent years.
- October 1, 2018 | 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Redmond Public Library – a free offering!
Gifted and Unique: Navigating the adolescent years.
- October 3, 2018 |6:30 – 7:30
Annie Sloan School, Tacoma WA
Homework Survival Strategies: The developmental continuum of homework independence – how much should parents help?
Presentations and Articles by Kathy Sarin
- “Resource Guide for Parents of Students with Disabilities: Understanding ADA, Section 504, IDEA and IEP.” Community for Online Schools, March 2018. Find the guide here.
- “504/ADA: School Food Allergy Management.” Panelist – WAFEAST Annual
Conference, October 2014.
- “How to Gather Information for 504 Eligibility.” LRP Publications, October 2014.
- “Collaborating for Effective Health Planning-Implementing 504 Support for Students with Special Health Care Needs.” Seattle Children’s Hospital, October 2012. Find the PowerPoint here.
- Sarin, K. (February 2015). Adapt Individual Health Plan Process To Meet Section 504 Requirements. LRP Special Ed Connection.
- Feuerborn, L., Sarin, K., & Tyre, A. (April 2011). RTI in secondary schools: Implications for professional development. Principal Leadership, 50-54.